honk n : the cry of a goose (or any sound resembling this)
2 use the horn of a car [syn: claxon]
3 cry like a goose; "The geese were honking" [syn: cronk]
4 eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth; "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night" [syn: vomit, vomit up, purge, cast, sick, cat, be sick, disgorge, regorge, retch, puke, barf, spew, spue, chuck, upchuck, regurgitate, throw up] [ant: keep down]
- Rhymes: -ɒŋk
Honk can refer to:
- A sound made by geese, brass instruments, or car horns.
- Honk!, a musical retelling of the Hans Christian Andersen story The Ugly Duckling.
- Honk (magazine), a comic strip publication from the 1980s.
- HONK!, an annual festival of activist marching bands held in Somerville, Massachusetts.
- HONK T1R4, a product that networks a group of car horns to play rhythms in a sequence.
- HONK (hyperosmotic non-ketotic) acidosis.
- Honk (band), a band from Southern California who recorded the soundtrack to Five Summer Stories.
honk in Dutch: Honk
bay, beep, bell, blare, blast, blat, blow, blow the horn, bray, bugle, cackle, call, carol, caw, chatter, cheep, chirk, chirp, chirr, chirrup, chitter, chuck, clack, clarion, cluck, cock-a-doodle-doo, coo, croak, cronk, crow, cuckoo, drum, fanfare, flourish of trumpets, gabble, gaggle, gobble, guggle, hoo, hoot, peal, peep, pip, pipe, quack, roll, scold, shriek, sing, sound, sound a tattoo, sound taps, squawk, squeal, tantara, tantarara, taps, tarantara, tattoo, toot, tootle, trill, trumpet, trumpet blast, trumpet call, tweedle, tweet, twit, twitter, warble, whistle, wind